The purpose of the GKB Distinguished Alumni Hall of Honor is:
To recognize and honor those graduates, living and deceased, who have brought honor to the school through exemplary actions and achievements
To provide present-day students with role models who will help the students find identity with the past and establish goals for the future
The criteria selection is:
An honoree shall be a graduate of Garrett High School.
A period of ten (10) years must have elapsed between graduation and eligibility for induction into the Garrett-Keyser-Butler School's Hall of Honor.
A recipient shall be selected based on the impact or contribution he/she has made in one of the following areas:
* Civic/Patriotic Service - includes Olympians, distinguished war veterans, government officials, etc.
* Humanitarian - includes volunteer service and philanthropy
* Professional - includes work in education, medicine, the arts, engineering, religion, business, etc.
A nominee will be rated in four categories:
* Professional/Career Positions held
* Contributions to the community/state/country
* Supporting documents
Nominations will be received between July 31 and December 31 prior to the induction year. Nominations received after that date wil be kept on file for future consideration. All nominations will remain current for three (3) years from the date received.
Please mail the completed form to:
Distinguished Alumni Hall of Honor
Garrett-Keyser-Butler School Corporation
801 East Houston Street
Garrett, IN 46738